Green Apple Day of Service…Here We Come
With the help of ISSA and The Healthy School Campaign, viagra sale we are committed to make this years Green Apple Day of Service even more meaningful and helpful for our children. Below is an outline of the project we have put together.
Project Title: Custodial Training to Protect Kids, remedy Staff and the Environment
Summary: Clean and healthy schools protect the health of kids and staff, and promote better learning environments.
Body: Training custodians on effective cleaning processes, protecting health and reducing environmental impacts is essential for helping schools meet their educational goals. Whether it is training new custodial workers, expanding on what they already know, adopting new processes to work more effectively and efficiently, or testing new technologies – the key to success is dependent upon custodians being appropriately trained. Join us to promote healthy and green training in schools across the country.
First Step: Identify the training your school is providing for custodial employees. Make sure it is based on elements of health and sustainability such as those found in the resources listed below.
• Find out what training would be helpful. It might be orienting new custodial workers; training on new equipment such as the use of floor machines, no-touch restroom cleaning or backpack vacuums; cleaning hard floors, carpets, classrooms or restrooms; new technologies for measuring cleanliness; right-to-know information; using personal protective equipment; etc.
• Distributors of cleaning products and/or cleaning service providers should schedule and conduct custodial training sessions on identified topics. Schools should contact their distributors of cleaning products and/or cleaning service providers to ask for their assistance.
• Ensure that the training sessions are understandable by taking into consideration the custodians skill level, language and other potential cultural barriers of the custodians.
• Make sure your cleaning program is seen as part of your school’s overall sustainability program by promoting your local training program through your school communication channels including school newsletters, PTA or local school fliers.
- Healthy Schools Campaign’s Green Clean Program.
- ISSA’s Cleaning Industry Management Standard for Green Buildings and their Cleaning Industry Training Standard.
- Green Seal’s GS-42 Commercial and Institutional Cleaning Services.
- US Green Building Council’s LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance (cleaning credits in the section on Indoor Environmental Quality).